[Cob] Cob House Fire

Marilyn Pratt marilyn.pratt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 9 15:47:45 CST 2010

There can be a challenge in rebuilding, where deadmen are placed in the walls to support structures like the roof, or an upper floor, when a fire guts the building - the deadman is charred and there is no longer a strong enough connection spot.

Do you have experience in dealing with that?  Ianto had an accident like this on a smaller scale a few years ago; when I was there a year and a half ago the cottage hadn't been fully repaired largely because of this (well, and the fact that they have so many unfinished projects there that other tasks took precedence, I'm sure).

thanks -
marilyn p.