[Cob] Joints between cob and wood

Robert Alcock ralcock at euskalnet.net
Tue Apr 6 05:35:35 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Here at Abrazo House in northern Spain we have started building for
another season, hoping very much that our house will be habitable by the
winter... Anyone, especially experienced cobbers/plasterers or people
with experience of other finish work, is welcome to come and help out in
return for food and accommodation; if you think you might be interested,
please take a look at our web page, http://www.abrazohouse.org.

I have a question which relates to joints between cob and wood. There
always seems to be a nasty crack at the join between the two materials,
and we haven't managed to find any way of fixing that join so that it
won't be unsightly and dirty; plaster just cracks away leaving the cob
underneath exposed. Has anyone managed to find a good solution for these
spots?

¡Arriba la tierra!

Robert
www.abrazohouse.org