[Cob] joints between cob and wood

Robert Alcock ralcock at euskalnet.net
Tue Apr 13 14:21:45 CDT 2010

In the places where we have already plastered, the plaster is only
touching the edge of the wood. It has been suggested that what we need
to do is make a bigger gap between the cob and the wood which we then
fill with non-shrinking filler (which may be the same as the plaster).
That sounds like the best idea I've heard so I will try it out. Robert
www.abrazohouse.org Robert, for clarification... does your plaster span
across the place where the cob and wood meet? Or is the plaster just
over the cob and touching just the edge of the wood? Do you suspect the
issue is the cob or the plaster? Is the plaster lime or earth? Kindra