[Cob] walls are done!

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Mon May 24 22:55:28 CDT 2010

Woo whoo! We finished our walls today.  still have to do all the plastering
and floor finish, and electrical, and, and
 but, as of today, the cobbing of
the walls are done.

Huge project.  House is maybe 1100 sq ft, with 130 linear feet of cob
exterior wall, maybe 50 linear feet of interior (6”) walls.  The peaks of
the house are high, one side is 14 ft high, the other is 12.

Our batches of cob were 4 5gal buckets of sand, about ½ of clay.  I estimate
that each batch weighed when mixed up, about 230lb.  about 65 ‘cobs’ per
batch.  We did 452 batches.  Started June 1 of last year, finished today.
didn’t cob every day, and lived life, gardened, did other carpentry parts of
the house, but, mostly, cobbed.  Whole blog at www.ideamountain.com
<http://www.ideamountain.com/>

Popping champagne now.

Tys