[Cob] Timberframe infill (Damon Howell)(Bob Smolen)

Monica Proulx mon.pro at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:04:31 CDT 2010

Bob,

Damon has a great suggestion about the light straw clay infill.  It's
insulative, a form of cob (if you will) as it includes the clay and straw
but in different ratios than the cob you were thinking of (no sand), and
it's beautiful!  You should seriously consider it.

Go here to this NYT article on a house in Austin, Texas, that Gary Zuker and
his wife built a decade plus ago, using this same combination of light straw
clay and timber frame:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/greathomesanddestinations/31away.html

Google his name and Austin, Texas and house, etc., for other links and more
photos.

Good luck!

Monica