[Cob] linseed oil

Kindra Welch kindra at claysandstraw.com
Sun Jul 25 22:12:32 CDT 2010

Favorite floor finishing source for west coast... Land Ark Northwest
(careful that you don't order from the SE branch if you are on west coast).
I like "special aged" linseed oil at $180 for 5 gallons plus shipping.
Expensive yes, but it smells nice.  You can process raw linseed yourself,
but its more explanation that I have time to give.  How much you use depends
on two things: 1. floor temperature and 2.smoothness of floor.  With floor
temperatures here in TX at 70-80 degrees F I put about 5 gallons into 400
sqft of very smooth floor.  In another example a friend used electric
blanket and stage lights to raise floor temp on a very rough floor and put
about 8 gallons into 100 sqft.  Kindra