[Cob] Roof overhangs vs Gutters!

Gergo Szekely gergo.szekely at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 14:21:54 CDT 2010

Hi,

There is another reason for having an overhang on a building and it is to keep
the hot summer (late spring / early fall) sun out. Using the sun for passive
heating we would like to let the winter sun come in through the windows and keep
the summer sun out. It is especially true for the South side of the building in
the northern hemisphere and the North side of the building in the southern
hemisphere.

http://www.horizonpower.com.au/images/smart_ways/sun_angles.gif

Caution: the angles are different based on your Latitude.

Best,
--
Gergo