[Cob] Hemp

Stephen Karrington Sales at diamondcard.us
Mon Sep 6 15:36:01 CDT 2010

Hello,

Hemp is definitely a good ingredient for all kinds of things. I love
certain threads of hemp fabric for pants. Just fantastic.

I read the article and it seems the hemp is processed to make a form of
concrete that sits within framing. I guess its better than using actual
concrete but there is still the timber framing in there too. This photo
http://thehempbuilder.com/pictures/tampering-hemp shows some work
involved to tamp it in there with framing and clamps.

I think its more fun to just do cob :)

It might be good to get some standard construction people over to an
alternative form of building though.

I wonder if I can plant hemp in Thailand without getting thrown in jail :)