[Cob] Traditional cob

Rob Lewis RLewis at davmail.org
Fri Sep 17 14:55:58 CDT 2010

I've been researching the traditional cob buildings in Devon and elsewhere and am curious to know if there is anyone doing traditional cob homes here in the states. I have taken a few classes on the American, free-form style but my tastes are drawn more toward those beautiful cob structures in England, such as those being built by Kevin McCabe. I'm not trying to start a culture war or anything along those lines but would be curious to know if I am going to have to fork out the cost of a plane ticket to London to study traditional cob...either way I probably will.

Rob