[Cob] durable clay

Mary Hooper mjhooper at indylink.org
Tue Sep 28 20:55:36 CDT 2010

Damon, so glad to read your note about durability of  your clay.
My house sits on clay so pure i can make bricks just by cutting it
into blocks with a spade and letting it dry in the sun. LOL.
Am thinking of cutting enough to build a low wall around the small
veggie  garden. Then I can fill in where the clay was with organic
matter and have a better growing bed. I do wish I was twenty or
thirty years younger and still up to stoop labor. I'd be working on
the cob playhouse I started but had to stop when my back gave out.
But a few solid clay  bricks a day an pretty soon, there's a wall. I
think. Your post gives me hope.
Mary in NC