[Cob] Another inquiry on sealants...

Benjamin Brownell benpbrown at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 17:40:06 CDT 2010

Thank you Henry, yes I am looking specifically for durable waterproofing treatments that will protect exposed cob/plaster surface, but not a standard walled building situation. Say for example, an earthen bench or sculpture in a park, without any roofing, in temperate climate (cool damp winters) for at least two years without any harm. If anyone feels like natural oil/wax are sufficient, please speak up. You mentioned driveway sealer, do you mean asphaltic coating? I haven't worked with that, and guess it significantly affects the nature of the finished surface, but curious what you have achieved. What other hardware-store (or special order) waterproofing would be suited, and have you used them?