[Cob] cob in Haiti

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Mon Nov 15 08:22:41 CST 2010

	I was wondering: Are there any cobbers on this list in Haiti? I have
been talking to a non-cob person who has been there. I am trying to
get a picture of what is going on. It sounds to me like they need to
train a team of Creole speaking people that know cob building, Lorna
stove construction, Humanure, Rainwater Harvesting, permaculture
skills and retaining wall building skills. There is plenty of
Urbanite to work with and there appears to be plenty of clay and
grass or hay.
	It is hard to imagine a peasant culture that can't build their own
homes or grow their own food, but that is what seems to exist in Haiti.

Ed