[Cob] Dajit

Nancy Striniste nstriniste at verizon.net
Wed Dec 1 07:32:33 CST 2010

A friend traveling in New Zealand sent me this note:

"They are doing lots of cob here, and something called “Dajit” (prnounced “dodge-it”) have you heard of it? Its a mixture of shredded paper, clay, sand, and concrete – its like a cross between paper-mache, concrete, cob, and clay sculpting. people are getting some AMAZING results. We visited the 80 year old woman who perfected the mixture (named after her: Daj Summer) and her WILD house and studio. a cross between gaudi, niki de st phalle, and willy wonka. wow! Does it hold up to frost? to snow? to massive cold? must investigate!!"

Does anyone know about this?

Nancy Striniste, MLD
earth -friendly people-friendly landscapes
office 703-532-0018
cell 703-989-5426
www.earlyspace.com
nstriniste at verizon.net