[Cob] , a cleaner cob oven for the future - please share details

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Tue Feb 8 17:06:09 CST 2011

What would be a good test of an efficient cob-based rocket-style oven?

Mine is working better now that it is finally dry. But it seems that the
bottom of my oven is hotter than the air that circulates above it.

I burned a piece of fish on the bottom recently, while it didn't seem to
color much on top.

I think my cooking was done in less than an hour and a half tho. I got the
oven quite hot, and there was minimal smoke, plus I never saw flames come
out of my short chimney.

It seems like we should see how long it takes to cook a meal (pizza, fish or
meat), bread and a veggie. Also how much wood we used, like a 5 gallon
bucket of (dry) branches. So then we could have something to measure
efficiency by.