[Cob] searching for data

Glenna Elf ladyglennaelf at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 11:35:44 CST 2011

Hello Folks,

   I was pleasantly surprised after a trip to the Permit Office for the Parish I
wish to build a alternative home.   They use IRC 2009 for their inspections.
However they will allow items not covered in the code book if approved by a
Louisiana Architect.
  So now I am in search for data online,  from architects, or from Engineers
that might show that alternative material has been tested safe for use in homes.

   I have the 12-17-1993 SHB report on straw bales that covers Transverse Load,
deflection measurement, and Fire Test.   I have wrote Cal-earth asking for data
on earthbags.
  Can anyone connect me to other sources ....off board of course....for any of
the alternative building materials??

 Glenna....
They offered me wit or wisdom for my old age.
Now I forget which one I chose ??