[Cob] floor finishes

Jill Hogan jill.hogan at mat.org.za
Sun Feb 20 04:43:30 CST 2011

My one floor is over 6 years old and looks like the day we finished
sealing it. Being basically lazy have never got round to resealing it. I
know they say once a year for life time. One of the restorations we did
the client wanted a white floor so we used the whitest building sand we
could find plus white  throwing clay from a local pottery supply
company. The client took floor polish, here in SA it is called cobra
polish and sealed it with that, and it came out just off white and a
couple of years down the line is still beautiful and unchipped. A couple
here put in a dung floor and maybe it is just the nature of Africa but
every bug and insect moved into the floor and sadly they lifted it and
put down a cement floor which doesn't have the same charm.
Jill

--
*Jill Hogan*
McGregor Alternative Technology Centre "MAT"

www.mat.org.za <http://www.mat.org.za>
Phone: 023 625 1533

Signature

"Be the change you wish to see" Mohandas Ghandi

If you do not wish to receive these mails, email us with unsubscribe in
the subject. Thanks