[Cob] Coblist Digest, Vol 9, Issue 20

Robert Alcock ralcock at euskalnet.net
Mon Feb 21 08:07:03 CST 2011

> Has anyone done a cob floor with lime plaster as a finish? Seems to
> me it would be better than beeswax and linseed oil

In December I laid the floor of a small house (10 square metres -
100 sq ft) using cob but with powdered _hydraulic_ lime in the mix.
(ordinary lime probably wouldn't set in contact with the ground)
It was mixed in situ with a rotavator. The floor still isn't completely
dry (it's been a wet and cold three months) but it's walkable on, and
I'm hoping that it will end up harder and less prone to dusting than the
oiled cob floor of our current house, Snail Cabin.

Robert
www.abrazohouse.org

"Cob moves in mysterious ways."