[Cob] load bearing

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:16:04 CST 2011

Hi Sukita,

Yes, you can mention this as having the plans approved and the permit
ready to pick up. I should be picking it up by the time the snow melts
here, around the beginning of May I believe.

The samples I made were tested at 360 psi and load bearing is 350 psi.

I am using Fir logs in the walls to hold the roof tie downs which are
also logs.

I am seriously considering having my Civil Engineer change the
foundation to just concrete and rock as I think the plinth method is not
quite as stable as rock all the way through. If someone knows the plinth
method well, I would be interested in feedback.

Thank you for helping with this,