[Cob] Natural Building Colloquium May 18-22, 2011 on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Riki Bowden monad.riki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:14:28 CDT 2011

*Come one, come all! Gather ye builders in the month of May!*
***
*O.U.R. Ecovillage is proud to be hosting a Natural Building Colloquium 2011
- its the 10 years anniversary since our last Colloquium in Canada way back
in 2001!

*Here's what you need to know:*

Where- OUR Ecovillage, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
When- May 18-22nd 2011
Cost-  Early Bird special (pre April 1), all 4 days  $110. After April 1st,
$150. Meals and accommodations extra, check out the website for more
details!
Who- Everyone is welcome to attend, with a special emphasis on our peers and
mentors who are actively out in the building world slinging mud and stacking
straw.

*What's Happening:*
*
*Still looking for a temptation to draw you to the island? How about
presentations on whats happening in Natural Building around North America ,
demonstrations of natural building, an opening keynote address by Mark
Lakeman, and bright starry nights around the campfire. A Colloquium is our
chance to draw together as a building community to connect as friends, share
our visions and skills, charge up for the season.
We have a triple header theme this year-
   * Showcase Natural Building in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest
   * Bridging between Natural and Conventional/ Green building:
opportunities and challenges, legal and practical
   * Building as if People mattered: one day on exploring the human
settlement of the future (also open as one day conference)

We hope to see you here soon!

FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER,  CLICK
HERE!<http://ourecovillage.org/courses-events/natural-building/natural-building-colloquium/?event_id=29>

- Riki Bowden, on behalf of the Natural Building Colloquium 2011 organizing
committee