[Cob] Joe Kennedy comments on biochar in earth ovens

Joseph Kennedy livingearth62 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:39:20 CDT 2011

Hi Shawn,

I am thinking to create a biochar drawer that would fit in the lower slot of your rocket door.  In my design, I think the gases would ignite, even though the main fire will be in the chamber below.

I like the carbon scrubber.  I am planning to make a chimney plug of a ceramic flower pot filled with vermiculite cob.  I could use the same size flower pot to form carbon plugs with chicken wire and biochar (i.e charcoal).  I am also thinking of vermiculite cob to make the oven door per your design.

All the best,

Joe