[Cob] Joe Kennedy comments on biochar in earth ovens

john fordice otherfish at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 18:35:02 CDT 2011

Shawn / Joe,
There is a cast-able refractory material available from places that
sell ceramics supplies.
Comes in a bag & mixes with water.  Cast in a form to your desired
shape.
Makes a high temp insulate  material that is relatively light
weight.  Would be a good way to make the
oven door
The rocket door for a cob oven is a nifty design ........  good thinking
john fordice