[Cob] New, climate questions

Dorothy Cordochorea dcordochorea at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:12:58 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Jamie Carr <kfmaille at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dorothy, thanks for the validation.

You are more than welcome.

> I do spin, knit, sew, preserve, cook, garden, and brew. We have people over
> for dinner in the winter, too. I am beginning to train as a midwife's
> assistant and may one day see clients at home in the living room/office,
> examining them on my cob-and-cushions couch.

Thank you for being a part of learning and preserving these crucial skills
-- and (I hope) passing them on to others, in time!

> I think those who build small dwellings end up with many outbuildings. I
> still might some years later add buildings for more purposes.

Indeed.  For years now I have thought that the model of the Manor compound
-- with a Great Hall, various smaller dwellings, and several buildings
dedicated to such purposes as cheese-making, metal-work, brewing, animal
shelters, food storage, etc. -- might have much of value for our homestead
designs now.

> For my family's sake I do want to be sure inside our home really meets all
> our immediate needs comfortably

Yes.  Very important.  Good luck!

--Dorothy