[Cob] supporting a one ton tank

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:39:25 CDT 2011

Here's a thought though it may not be relevant to your situation.  why not  keep the big tank on the ground and pump up to a smaller tank that will gravity feed.  I've seen this design a lot where people are making solar heated showers, in which case as the water heats, it rises into the other tank on it's own, but there has to be other ways to do it.  Seems to me it would work like a toilet tank.  when water level drops so does the little buoy and eventually it pops open the valve.
Or maybe... instead of a huge tank, again sitting on the ground, something tall and narrow like an above ground well cylinder that could give you some height.  Maybe those water line pipes would work.  I think some of those are like twenty inches across.  Plumbing is absolutely not my strength, but it seems to me that there has to be an easier , possibly safer way around this.  Just my $.02.