[Cob] Lava Cob - defeats the purpose of thermal mass

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Tue Jul 19 20:31:59 CDT 2011

And Yet, It should be noted that Ianto has been building hybrid structures using 12 inches of cob mated to a cut in half straw bale in order to get both thermal mass and insulation. Would you like to see some pictures?
	I think either "The solar House Book" or "The passive solar house" (I can't remember which) states that beyond about 10 inches increasing the thickness of a mass storage wall has little effect on the passive solar properties of a wall.

Ed