[Cob] Updates on Stone Haven and New House Plans

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:41:18 CDT 2011

Hi Dean,
I am currently working on the foundation issues with Nabil and Vik. The
building dept is oddly enough asking less of me than the structural
engineer! They told me they would accept a Rubble Stone Foundation and a
sectional pour that I can make according to concrete manufacturers
directions without psi testing!
These guys are excited about learning about cob.

You can go to http://www.mystonehaven.com and click on House on the
right then click on the link to Cob house for janet Architectural Set-A1
<http://www.mystonehaven.com/214/cob-house-for-janet-architectural-set-a1>
and when the page comes up click on the second one that says the same
thing then it will pull up a window for Adobe Reader with the new
revised house plans in it. It is just the layout for now. The structural
part should be done soon.

If anyone wants to purchase the plans they should contact me and I will
give Nabil your email address.

On 7/19/2011 7:23 AM, Dean Sherwin wrote:
> Janet
> re the stem wall, would this have to be concrete, I know this is
> standard practice in many areas of the country ?  Here (Midatlantic)
> it's usually masonry.

> I have photos if anyone is interested.
I would love to see your photos

> And yes I did get a permit but its only a shed and I am friendly with
> the local codes official.
lol   that helps!