[Cob] Insulative values: Frank, Mike, Janet, Sky, Chris, others?

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:23:06 CDT 2011

I am so sorry Sky but I think the Larson Truss technique would be good for
straw bale. Not Cob.

Many homes in Europe and other places are cob and they don't seem to be
using so much wood. They are comfortable as well.

Don't forget thermal mass is key here and that is what my house will have.

Trying to turn cob into a hybrid isn't what this site is about as far as I
am aware.

It is to encourage the building of cob homes with permits.  This entails
satisfying code, not changing everything into something that doesn't
resemble cob anymore.

I applaud Tys and anyone else who has the fortitude and guts to see this
goal through.

Don't worry about me being cold. I have kept warm on very little heat with
far less insulation or thermal mass here.

It's good to have walls that breathe Sky. It is not good to be in an air
tight coffin.

Janet