[Cob] Coblist topic/goals

David Thurman dmthurman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 13:51:36 CST 2011

Maybe the problem philosophically is with burying wood as framing
structures? Some of us have more skills in construction but the whole
buried lumber thing is a bit of a problem and counter
intuitive environmentally in a number of ways. We sort of struggle today
with the treehugger vs the logger's mentality. I find Linda and Ianto
building Cob structures in the middle of  one of the most productive
forests in the world for "structurally buried lumber", to be so absurd it's
brilliant.  I'm trying to add to the absurdity by growing thatch on the
Oregon Coast for my Cob house:D