[Cob] Rocket Stove

Phil Moulton philmoulton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:10:55 CST 2011

We finely fired up our Rocket stove last night.

It has issues drawing so we lowered the "entry" point down 5 inches and
added a upward "stack" or 24 inches to the exit.

That helped, however we had a lot of problems getting its drafting the right
direction.

This needs to be remedied as my wife has Asthma.

A rocket stove should not need a "upward" stack at the end to draw like a
standard wood stove.

The cob as a heat-sink works great but is not complete.

We have a huge amount of cob to add yet.

My question. Now that its fired up to keep the greenhouse above 40 degrees
are there any issues with adding new cob to the old dried cob?

If I add a permanent "stack" to the exit of the rocket stove outside the
greenhouse that is 4 ft high and capped should there be any issues?

The exit end of the rocket stove where it leaves the greenhouse is about 14
inches above ground (solid clay) but is susceptible to damp from
condensation on walls and rain seepage. any thoughts on keeping it totally
dry?

Phil