[Cob] Stone Haven

dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com
Thu May 10 08:27:16 CDT 2012

Janet: 	This is a learning process for all of us and I went to bat
for as much as I could during the plan development but if more is to
be done it will have to come from those with the ability to convince
another civil engineer.
		Civil Engineers who believe in cob have to step up to the plate and
take a big risk by saying the traditional way is safe enough to pass
here in America...

Damon:
		I have plenty of faith in the traditional way and, personally,
don't need to be told how to make my home strong enough to NOT fall
down and kill me! I believe many others share my feelings. But as you
say, you went to bat for as much as you could, now it's someone
else's turn. It's a team effort. I will read the cobcode.org that
John sent to the list too, sounds like interesting reading. I'm
currently working on a PowerPoint Presentation for the building
department about how I think I can get them to accept it. Basically
it's a post-n-beam structure with a standard roof, with the cavities
being infilled with cob. We'll see what they say.
	Thank you Janet for all you're doing about this though. Sure wish I
was a Civil Engineer!