[Cob] demolition

dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com
Fri May 25 14:32:52 CDT 2012

That is awesome. I'm sure I sound like a pessimist on the list, but
what it really is is that I live in a county that requires building
inspections and they are anal about following the book here. All I'm
doing is trying to come up with convincing information for them to
nod their heads at. Like every field, those who have the hands-on
experience with cob are going to know much more about every aspect
than someone who has never heard of it. It is my opinion that because
people are building with natural materials more and more it is the
building official's job to know about them so they can carry out
inspections and get people into homes. Why is it the fault of the one
who builds his house that authority is clueless of what he's doing?
They are on the tax-payers payroll, so they should at least try to
work with the tax-payer on getting a house built for him instead of
shutting him down because of ignorance on their part. Sorry, I just
talk a lot!    I will tone it down for everyone's sake...