[Cob] rebar

dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com
Tue Jun 26 08:23:59 CDT 2012

I agree. It's wrong of me to assume that everyone who wants to build
their own home puts in the time to study what makes a home stand up.
Although I believe we should be able to build our homes out of
materials that may not be common, I also believe they should be
"inspected" and checked by others. Janet and others are doing a fine
job at getting approval of cob, but at a tremendous expense to them
individually. What's odd is the way the so called "experts" in the
cobbing community build in much the same manner as it always has been
done. These are the people we would all benefit from to inspect our
plans and oversee our job sites, not building inspectors from the
county office who don't know a thing about natural building.