[Cob] lime wash walls

Dean Sherwin greenbau at att.net
Mon Jul 30 15:08:24 CDT 2012

traditionally, lime washed walls or plaster were cleaned by giving them
a coat of 'whitewash' or lime wash. Hence maybe the name 'wash'.
Usually in the Spring. This not only freshened the walls but helped to
make dwellings more hygienic as the whitewash is fungicidal and mildly I
think antisceptic.
dean sherwin