[Cob] Looking for answers (Henry Raduazo): mixing cob with rototiller

E W ehwpc at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 2 21:07:09 CST 2013

Hi Ed! i just read your comments to Marlin Nissen in the "Coblist" regarding the production of cob with a rototiller. You mentioned that you do the mixing with a 5HP tiller.I am about to start mixing for a 1500 sq feet house. Could you please share with me your experience and perhaps pictures? What about the long straw? Doesn't it get clogged to the rotor? Doesn`t it get cut into smaller pieces by the blades from the tiller?   I was thinking about renting a bobcat, but perhaps the rototiller is a better and cheaper solution...and I'd appreciate it if you'd share your experience. Thanks a lot!  Eric (EW)