[Cob] Alternative Materials Justification

Feile Butler feile at mudandwood.com
Tue Oct 7 09:44:05 CDT 2014

Hi Bill

This website has a large number of research papers on earth as a
construction material.  https://sites.google.com/site/researchterra/research
. You might find something here.

Also there are some national norms and codes which might prove helpful -

The Australian Earth Building Handbook

NZ97 New Zealand Standard - Engineering Design of Earht Buildings

NZ98 New Zealand Standard - Materials and Workmanship for Earth Buildings

NZ99 New Zealand Standard - Earth Buildings Not Requiring Specific Design

Regards

FĂ©ile Butler
MRIAI B.Arch Dip. Arch Conservation Grade III

Assigned Certifier - Accredited PSDP

Co-Director of Earth Buidling UK

Mud and Wood

Grange Beg, Skreen, Co. Sligo, Ireland