[Cob] Lime Plaster Failure

Bill Wright bill at auburnacupuncture.net
Mon Feb 27 11:53:01 CST 2017

Hi Kindra,
Thanks for your inquiry, and sincere curiosity! Due to the open cracks on my building, and some urgency to get those repaired before more Drought Busting Deluge Winter rains in Northern California this year, I'm going to have to circle back around to answer your questions when I'm able.

For now, I'm doing a crash course on lime renders to figure out the best way forward to protect my building; which means. . . To get finaled by the County, and keep more lime-containing plaster from falling off my building. Thankfully my building has a beefy layer of cob over the bales, and the South wall is all cob!

The limes.us website, and the, "Using Natural Finishes" Book by Adam Weismann, and Katy Bryce are my new best friends!

Onwards!
Thanks Again!
Bill

Bill Wright, L.Ac., DNBAO
Wright Acupuncture and Massage
251 Auburn Ravine Rd., Ste. #205
Auburn, CA 95603
530-886-8927
"There is no path to healing, healing is the path"