[Cob] cob + container frame

Anthony Dente dente.a at gmail.com
Fri May 26 21:14:43 CDT 2017

I agree with John that if insulation is your primary objective, a straw
bale wrap around the bales is possibly a more appropriate approach.  You
could also simply design a straw bale structure under the International
Residential Code, Appendix S and avoid the need for an engineer and avoid
the spacial and other limitations of working with shipping containers if
you had a desire to do so.

*Anthony Dente, PE *
Principal

Verdant Structural Engineers