[Cob] Mobile cob oven

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue May 22 08:05:34 CDT 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018, Allison Rykken wrote:

> Has anybody built a cob oven on a trailer? I'm looking into bringing an
> oven to a nearby farmer's market, but have never made a mobile one before
> and wondering what modifications should be made for traveling? Or even
> insulating/containing the heat on the bottom?
>
> Thanks for any insight!
>
> Allie

Kiko Denzer did a portable oven on a trailer many years ago, though I think he
had to make some compromises on the use of cob in order to make it survive
riding around on a trailer. In any case, he (literally) wrote the book on
earthen ovens, so you should probably contact him. Contact information and
his book can be found on his web site:

    http://www.handprintpress.com/

Best regards,

Shannon C. Dealy               |       DeaTech Research Inc.
dealy at deatech.com              | Biotechnology Development Services
Telephone USA: +1 541-929-4089 |      USA and the Netherlands
Netherlands:   +31 85 208 5570 |          www.deatech.com