[Cob] Tile layed over earthen floor

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Oct 31 04:56:41 CDT 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018, Alessandra Caprara wrote:

> Good morning!
> I’ve made a search using “cob tile” words in my email and I was reading all
> messages about it because I am looking for recipes to glue the tiles over
> my tapped earthen floor. I want to do that in my tiny bathroom (1x3m to
> cover - in the shower area we have a bath instaled) and in part of my
> kitchen arround the sink and the wood burning stove. Not only because I am
> concerned about the wet but also with the cleaning issues.

You might be interested in tadelakt:

     http://www.caneloproject.com/tadelakt-in-france/

I haven't worked with it, but have seen/used sinks and counter tops made with
this technique.

FWIW.

Shannon C. Dealy               |       DeaTech Research Inc.
dealy at deatech.com              | Biotechnology Development Services
Telephone USA: +1 541-929-4089 |      USA and the Netherlands
Netherlands:   +31 85 208 5570 |          www.deatech.com