[Cob] Shiver-Me-Timbers!!!

Bill Wright, L.Ac., DNBAO bill at auburnacupuncture.net
Sat Aug 14 13:08:22 CDT 2021

. . .Nightmare discovery yesterday . . .
The, "Eco-Nest" I spent the last 10 years building is under attack! . .
.Subterranean Termites have found their way into my Black Oak Timber
Frame; at least one post is obviously being turned into Swiss-Cheese!

I just discovered their movement into the post yesterday; they've been
at it for ??? . . .a while I guess. . . cuz there are tunnels emerging
out to the post's surface - many of them all the way up to eye-level
(~6'). I'm located, as is my dwelling, in dry, hot, smokey N. CA.

I've been doing a tango w/ the S. Termites for a while now. . .

They 1st appeared in another part of my dwelling. I was advised to dump
bleach down where they were building their clay tunnels up the pex
tubing which is part of the manifold for my radiant-mass, earthen slab;
which has (4) layers of Claylin Floor Oil on it.

They, "disappeared" for many months. THEN, I noticed them IN the Earthen
Slab as evidenced by one of their tunnels having created a small hole
near one of the exits, and just inside the doorway. ALSO, at that time I
noticed a small tunnel on a nearby exterior wall; kinda like a small
nipple sticking out of the exterior wall. That wall is 100% cob, with a
(3) layer lime-render.

I attacked that little nipple tunnel thinking they were ENTERING the
dwelling there, but realized that didn't make sense, as their typical
movement is FROM the Earth, UP-n-OUT to find food, and re-locate/spread
their colonies. SOOO, I left the nipple alone thinking, "Good! They are
LEAVING"! . . .or so I thought.

The next aspect of this nightmarish saga, again, many months after the
last part of the story, was the horrible discovery of yesterday;
Swiss-Cheese Black Oak TIMBER!!!

Help required!

Thanks!

;^(

--
Bill Wright, L.Ac., DNBAO

Wright Acupuncture and Massage

251 Auburn Ravine Rd., Ste. # 205

Auburn, CA 95603

530-886-8927

http://www.auburnacupuncture.net

This e-mail and any attachment is a private communication and may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, do not read, copy, use it or disclose it to others. Please
notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete it and any
attachments from your system. Thank you.