Cob and straw bale builders

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 20:43:50 CST 1999

	I am a graduate of an Oregon cob workshop, and I, like most graduates,  tend
to feel that criticizing Oregon cob is somewhat of a sacrilege.  My two weeks
building an Oregon cob house was a wonderful spirit building experience.
However, there is one major problem with Oregon cob.  Like many Marylanders, I
do not have twenty friends who are willing to work like slaves for two weeks
so that I can have a small but beautiful house.
	What I would like to propose an east coast brand of Oregon cob.  Maryland cob
would be dug with a back hoe, mixed with a rototiller, loaded on to
wheelbarrows with a backhoe, wheeled to the wall and lifted on to the wall
with a dirt fork.
	Most Marylanders don't have a backhoe either, but I can do something about
that.  If there is anyone out there who would like to try Maryland cob (this
includes Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia) give me a call or send E-
mail.  I have a baby back hoe and a rototiller that needs some work to run.
Since I am writing this off of my wife's income as a business expense I would
ideally like to rent myself and my equipment to show IRS that I am trying to
make money, but I am not judging success or failure by how much money I make.
For individuals who do not have money I am ready to make labor exchange deals.
I also have a 12 HP mower that cuts down brush and small trees up to 1" in
diameter, three chain saws and lots of other great stuff.

	Ed Raduazo
	(703) 360-2316