[Re: Cob: Couple Of Questions]

Sarna Salzman sarna at usa.net
Mon Jul 22 09:31:58 CDT 2002

When bonding clay for ceramics and pottery, I use a vinegar-slip to help
connect two pieces of drying clay together. I'm not really clear on the
chemistry of it, but it is supposed to be more effective than a water-based
slip. Wouldn't the same apply to cob? (Though, I guess that might involve a
LOT of vinegar!)
Sarna