Cob: New to list-have question

Witchey widdershinns at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 15:03:42 CST 2003

Athelas here-we are an adventurous family,have lived in tipi's on islands,in buses and in conventional houses(in towns)Houses have been the hardest.We now live in Virginia and are planning on building w/cob.But have encountered resistance.Building codes seem to play a big part.I have "heard" of a family that was forced to leave their cob home unfinished and abandon it.I want to avoid this senario but if I can't we are willing to relocate.West Va. sounds promising.We're about 1 hr. away from the state line.There are NO like minds here(that I have found).Very conservative here and we are ultra alternative.What is the law?