Cob: shuttered cob

Michael Grant tenortime at msn.com
Fri Jan 17 09:22:39 CST 2003

<DIV>I was at first interested in rammed earth but no wthat i see this shuttered cob I like that.  Any good resources for that.  I live in rural North Carolina and we have some cold in the winter and a few snows.  What is a good guideline to know if cob is suitable for my area.  I  am also interested in konwing how to find suitable soil.  I have looked at a few books but did not find them detailed enough on this subject.  I am planning on undertaking this in a few months so I want to be prepared with the information.  </DIV>