Cob: Not a forum for politics

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:39:43 CST 2003

"Exactly" to the first two points.  I keep having to learn the second.  It's
not too bad if there aren't but one or two new people around, and everybody
knows one (me!), but this is a constantly changing group.

Ianto Evans, the Hand Sculpted House (boy are you going to get tired of
hearing that as the answer to everything, even after you get the book and
realize that there are LOTS but not ALL answers there) has a bunch of tests,
sight, sound, feel.  I'm not sure he mentions taste ones, but they exist
too.  In a British book that is down at the bottom of one of the piles of
books around me.  The reference should appear somewhere in the archives.

Green Willow writes (snipped):

          I tend to agree that alternative building *is* political in the
same way that choices we make every day with our checkbooks is political.
Probably more overtly so.

second, text-based conversations are notorious for misinterpretation.

I have read somewhere about a simple soil test to determine the quality of
clay content. I live on very nice  California Foothills red clay. Does
anyone know where I can find that test?