Cob:

Jill cox.net writejill1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 19 14:50:34 CST 2003

http://www.deatech.com/natural/articles/code_alternatives.html

I also found several sites on line that have all the codes, listed by state. BUT there isn't much in the way of definitive rules for alternative building. As Arizona has clearly written codes for adobe, including monolythic, I plan to submit a copy of them, with my house plans to the local building code offices to find out if they will approve me.
I have land in NE WA state, 20 acres, but it is a heavy snow region. I also have 8+ acres in MO, but it is secluded and doesn't even have much of a road. I am currently looking at Kentucky, because it is just so pretty there. I am sending a packet out to those folks this week, to see what their reaction will be.
I don't want to live so back woods that I have to drive 2 hours to a doctor or a book store. Besides, I am a nurse, and if I want to pick up some hours for money, I have to be reasonably close.
:)
-jill