Cob: Make your own windows

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 21:11:21 CST 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>Cat here!  I don't think so since the reason the window is thermal is because the space between the glass is a simi-vacuum and will not transfer much heat or cold.  Also, even  the factories that have the equipment to do it, screw up and loose the seal.  Then what happens is that moisture gets in between the pains.  This makes fog and visibility is impaired sometimes you get drips and you won't be able to get at them.  </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thermal windows are great.  If you can locate a seconds outlet go for it, if not just do regular storms they work.  Check out where your best light is for your needs and where the cold winds come from, place your windows to take advantage of summer breezes and block winter blasts.  Also plan for views, and security areas.  If you build your own windows consider that down the line you may want to replace them with thermal so you may want to build your frame to accommodate the standard stock sizes.  Most window manufacturers can build to your specifications but your going to pay big bucks for the service, especially if its one's and two's of each! </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>This is kind of as much as I know about Feng Shui spaces that are private, bath, bedrooms need to have windows placed that do not leave the occupant feeling exposed.  The bath is a great place for stained glass or a small walled garden.  Bed rooms can be extra special when sleeping porches are added so that afternoon nappers are shaded or one can sleep out in the fresh summer evening air with a roof.  Check out the Green Brothers and other Craftsman movement builders, they had it down!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Also a sleeping porch can be glassed in the winter to give a buffer against the cold.  Kitchens want plenty of light and east, south east are great to keep the family cheery before the first cup of coffee.  If you have young ones it's always helpful to have kitchen windows look out to where they will be playing.  My ma will tell you how important that can be the day I tried to hang my sister from the apple tree.  She was there in a hot second!!</P>
<P><EM>for the good of all </EM>Cat</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>\</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR> </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: "Shae Tebbetts" <YOURELOVEDBYGOD at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: yunk88 at hotmail.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Re: Cob: Make your own windows
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:19:32 -0600
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Thanks, Cat. I'll check out the magazines for sure. So is it
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>possible to make a double or triple pain without ordering the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>special sealed glass?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Thanks,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>shae
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>From: "Yun Que" <YUNK88 at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>To: yourelovedbygod at hotmail.com, coblist at deatech.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>Subject: Re: Cob: Make your own windows
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:01:13 -0500
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>