Cob: RE:cob in OH

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 19:57:20 CST 2003

I fail to understand why hotmail sometimes does and sometimes doesn't repeat
my message when I hit reply and reply all.

Breadbox solar water heater.

You want a long skinny tank, no insulation attached to the tank, for the
heater.  The box, on the other hand needs to be well insulated, with the
inside painted black.  Glass to keep the heat inside the box.

Somewhere you probably need a pump.  If it's up on your roof and your well
is below the level, then there.  If you want real water pressure, it might
get a little complicated, because in general with this kind of heater you
heat in batches, that is, don't replace the water in the tank as you use it.

You also need to be able to heat--or at least store heated water--somewhere
other than the roof for horrendously cold cloudy weather, when it's a really
good idea to have the heater empty.

Didn't Zomeworks once have plans?