Cob: satellite internet-dissatisfied customer

W uwu at angelfire.com
Thu Jan 23 18:20:13 CST 2003

Hello hello
  Satellite internet still has quite a ways to go.  Not to mention the blatently corrupt corporations behind it.
  I've been a DirecWay subscriber (and regretted it almost from the beginning) for almost a year, right now I'm just waiting for our subscription to run out (in March) because it costs more to cancel than to let it run out...
  To sum up, it's ALMOST more trouble (and definitely more cost) than it's worth.  Dial-up is currently the only other option where we are located, but we will be glad to get back to it after this satellite nightmare.  Web browsing is slower than dial-up, while downloads are only somewhat faster and uploads are painfully slow.  If you have no other options for internet connectivity, it would suffice.  We're personally going to wait for DSL or cable to become available here.  Maybe it will work like they claim it should in 5 years or so?
  FWIW

---
\\/.

"We certainly want to reduce the level of terror...there is one easy
way to do that...stop participating in it." - Noam Chomsky
---
This email address and other personal information is not available for commercial use of any kind, including but not limited to: sale, trade, share, rent or any other form of exchange.