Cob:

mcleod lindsay lindsaymcleod at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 27 08:49:28 CST 2003

 I am by no means an expert on this topic but I remeber when I first started reading about cob something talking about heating ducts in the floors allowing the heat to move from one room to the next. So I am not sure if there is a way to funnel the heat through these ducts to heat your other rooms. I remeber it also talking about how some people built cob beds and the ducts were in the beds (an alternative to a heating blanket). This is just a thought to consider. Lindsay McLeod (Toronto, Ontario)
Okay, I have thought through all the issues and determined my floorplan. Keeping it small, I created 3 small spaces that will be connected, so as to accommodate my family of 6. I will try to contact a draftsman for the plans, and keep us on track in the building process. We are trying to determine1. a cost estimate (wood, wires, plumbing, etc)2. how to heat the 3 sections, since only one has the wood stove3. where to obtain the metal roof (and how do you insulate) Any suggestions? -jill