Cob:

Grei Raven Shadow Walker greyraven_r at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 19:40:25 CST 2003

The problem with insulating cob (this is my hypothosis
based on my understandings of both cob and insulation)
isthat in order to gain the thermal mass benefit of
the cob, the insulation needs to be on the exterier of
the building. You either a waterproof/resistant
insulation material such as light clay, wool, or any
one of the many foam insulations available. wool is
one of the rare insulation materials that doesn't lose
it's r-value when wet, cotton unfortunately does.
--- Jill hotmail <writejill at hotmail.com> wrote:

http://www.environmentalhomecenter.com/shop.mv?CatCode=PRODUCT&ProdCode=COTTON_INSULATION

> What about using this type of insulation with cob?
> -jill

=====
"When I look into the abyss it stares back at me, but not as the cold
dark beast you perceive it to be.
When I am gazed upon by the abyss I see the eyes of a mother, a lover, an old friend.
When I look into the warm familiar eyes of the abyss I see that which
needs me as much as I have need.
I remember, I rejoice, I renew!"
by Grei R. S. Walker, '01